bsd.autotools.mk needs improvement

Sergey Matveychuk sem at ciam.ru
Thu Jun 10 10:07:07 GMT 2004

Ade Lovett wrote:
> I tried applying the attached patch, but it barfed on the "1)".  The
> other thing wrong with it is the use of ac257 and am17 (use ac259 and
> am18 respectively).
>
> If you can provide something that patch can actually process and submit
> it as a PR, I'll look at it, amongst the myriad of other broken and
> semi-broken issues.
>
> I need some more round tuits.  Anyone got any spare?

 From committer's guide:
----------------
2. Respect other contributors.

You were not always a committer. At one time you were a contributor.
Remember that at all times. Remember what it was like trying to get help
and attention. Do not forget that your work as a contributor was very
important to you. Remember what it was like. Do not discourage,
belittle, or demean contributors. Treat them with respect. They are our
committers in waiting. They are every bit as important to the project as
committers. Their contributions are as valid and as important as your
own. After all, you made many contributions before you became a
committer. Always remember that.

How long will ade disgrace contributors?
Why he didn't remember how he made ports broken with his commits w/o any
maintainer notification?

---
Sem.