RFC: [Long] Change PTHREAD_LIBS to -pthread for -CURRENT

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Tue Jun 8 08:20:54 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 07:39, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> To get around this, we can use -pthread to link shared objects as well
> as executables.

And there is another thing: I seem to remember that the getting rid of
-pthread (I remember at one time -pthread was completely gone from gcc in
-CURRENT, why this was reversed I don't know) was meant to facilitate using
one of the three threads-libraries now available in -CURRENT: libc_r,
libpthread (formerly libkse) and libthr. How is this supposed to be possible
with -pthread? And if -pthread will always link to libpthread, won't the
problem then still be the same if someone chooses to set PTHREAD_LIBS to
-lthr/-lc_r?

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org