Subversion 1.0.4 install problem

Andrew Carter andrewc at blarg.net
Mon Jun 7 19:30:59 GMT 2004

I am trying to get Subversion 1.0.4 installed from ports on my server.  I
used the following install command:

../usr/ports/devel/subversion: make install WITH_PYTHON=yes WITH_PERL=yes
WITH_MOD_DAV_SVN=yes WITH_BERKELEYDB=db42 WITH_APACHE_APR2=yes
WITH_SVNSERVE_WRAPPER=yes

The make part works fine but during install, I get errors complaining that
libaprutil-0.so.9 and libapr-0.so.9 can't be found.  These files are in
/usr/local/lib/apache2 but for whatever reason the port can't find them.

I created symbolic links (ln -s) for the two libapr* shared libraries in
/usr/local/lib and it appears to work.  Anyone know what's going on here?

uname:
FreeBSD aspen.cartersoft.com 5.2.1-RELEASE-p8 FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE-p8 #0:
Sat Jun  5 20:52:08 PDT 2004
root at aspen.cartersoft.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

Thanks.

--