RFC: Re-work pkgdep/DEPORIGIN? (was: Re: How to LIB_DEPEND on pgsql client?)

Ulrich Spoerlein q at uni.de
Mon Jun 7 17:17:09 GMT 2004

On Mon, 07.06.2004 at 16:21:34 +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > I had this idea since the first time pkgdb gave me trouble because of
> > postgresql and php4, but I don't have any patches yet, as I'm not very
> > familiar with 'make package' and pkg_add. And I don't even know if
> > people here agree that this is the right direction to take.
>
> Since you are talking about portupgrade. It already has such a feature,
> it's named "ALT_PKGDEP" in pkgtools.conf. You can even remove
> dependencies with it.

Yes I know, but it didn't work for me. I put something like this into
it:
 'databases/postgresql7-client' => 'databases/postgresql7'
without any effect. After a portupgrade I had to run pkgdb -F every
time.

But all those WITH_* Flags don't reliably work with portupgrade
anyway...

Ulrich Spoerlein
--
PGP Key ID: F0DB9F44				Get it while it's hot!
PGP Fingerprint: F1CE D062 0CA9 ADE3 349B  2FE8 980A C6B5 F0DB 9F44