Ports with a broken PKGORIGIN: chinese/cdrtools

Marius Strobl marius at alchemy.franken.de
Wed Jun 2 20:59:31 GMT 2004

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 10:39:33PM +0200, Erwin Lansing wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 10:20:32PM +0200, Marius Strobl wrote:
> >
> > Ok, I missed that chinese/cdrtools got hooked up as a slave-port
> > to sysutils/cdrtools. But chinese/cdrtools does conflict with the
> > files installed by sysutils/cdrtools and moreover really only
> > patches mkisofs.
>
> Maybe I'm mistaken, but why should a slave port not be able to conflict
> with it's master? I think that most slaves actually do, so just a
> question of setting the right CONFLICTS?

Certainly it's ok for a slave-port to conflict with its master if both
set CONFLICTS appropriately. But:
a) chinese/cdrtools and sysutils/cdrtools don't set CONFLICTS for each
   other.
b) Until today sysutils/cdrtools didn't install mkisofs and neither
   did chinese/cdrtools but chinese/cdrtools only patches the mkisofs
   sources. So you had two ports installing exacly the same stuff.

So this isn't an issue with sysutils/cdrtools as the master but
chinese/cdrtools doesn't/didn't make sense as a slave.

As I currently see it the best would be to turn chinese/cdrtools
into chinese/mkisofs-2byte (not sure about the name) and maybe move
chinese/mkisofs to chinese/mkisofs-big5. Does this make sense?

> > Could someone please disconnect chinese/cdrtools from the build
> > until this is resolved?
> >
> Done. And don't worry, I'll keep nagging you until it's hooked up again
> :-)

Thanks!