How to LIB_DEPEND on pgsql client ?

Ade Lovett ade at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 2 13:36:05 PDT 2004

On Jun 02, 2004, at 09:38, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> What do I need to tell to my Makefile to make a port depend on
> Postgresql client, which was removed ? The client can be built with
> -DWITHOUT_SERVER, but how do I do this from the Makefile; should I use
> custom script ?

Well, to be honest, I think it's fair to say that the pgsql ports are
in a little state of flux right now, and really need to be recoded for
(at least) separate -client/-server (like mysql).  I intend to take a
look at porting over the NetBSD pkgsrc setup (which has -libs, -client,
-server, and a myriad of other components) which would provide
considerably more flexibility than right now (imagine a set of machines
where one or two need the full pgsql environment, and the others only
need client support), but that may be some time away.

-aDe