Perl voodoo in ports/UPDATING

Christopher Nehren apeiron at comcast.net
Tue Jun 1 21:21:38 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 21:16:16 EDT, Jeremy Messenger scribbled these
curious markings:
> Before the perl was added in UPDATING, I did the 'portupgrade -f p5-\*'
> and it seems work fine. No problem to run GNOME, portlint, tinderbox, perl
> gtk2 and etc so far. Maybe, there is some apps that need to be rebuild
> that I don't have them installed.

At least on my installation, that (further) breaks the autotools, as
they have version-specific Perl shebang lines. And if you're using
something like Razor2, which is XS, but which does *not* have 'p5' in
its name, you may run into problems.

pejorative meaning "stupid and unsophisticated".  -- Ken Thompson
-
-
Please CC me in all replies, even if I'm on the relevant list(s).