general MIME types port (was: Re: cvs commit: ports/mail/sylpheed Makefile distinfo pkg-plist)

Sat Jul 31 05:13:34 PDT 2004

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 13:37:44 +0200
Oliver Lehmann <lehmann at ans-netz.de> wrote:

> Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>
> > A lot of ports either install a MIME types file (e.g. apache,
> > gnomemimetypes), or are able to use one (e.g. the 3 sylpheed ports).
> >
> > Is someone willing to help in creating a general MIME types port and
> > patch every port to use it?
>
> I'd like this idea...

Possible bikesheds:
 - mime.types inline (files/mime.types) or extern (e.g.
   MASTER_SITE_LOCAL)
 - just suck in every mime type from somewhere (and using the least
   common denominator for the license... whatever this means in this
   context), or only looking for BSD licensed (or similar) ones (e.g.
   apache)

Bye,
Alexander.

--
           I'm available to get hired (preferred in .lu).