squid on CURRENT: file descriptors leak

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Thu Jul 29 23:41:26 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 04:27:49PM +0400 I heard the voice of
Sergey Matveychuk, and lo! it spake thus:

> No. Still growing. :(
> I think it's something system-wide. Neither fstat nor cachemgr.cgi I
> can't see open descriptors. Just kern.openfiles.

Try `fstat -v`.  I get a bunch of type 5's (which I think are
something to do with kqueue) when my older version of Mozilla-LITE
starts chewing up file descriptors (fstat doesn't know what they are,
so doesn't mention 'em when it's not -v'd).

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net