Fw: python threads problem [was: treeline dumping core on 4.10 with python-2.3.4]

epilogue epilogue at allstream.net
Wed Jul 28 12:05:40 PDT 2004

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:18:40 -0400
From: epilogue <epilogue at allstream.net>
To: <freebsd-ports at freebsd.org>
Cc: Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com>, Tobias Roth <ports at fsck.ch>
Subject: Re: python threads problem [was: treeline dumping core on 4.10
with python-2.3.4]

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:56:26 -0500 (CDT)
Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Tobias Roth wrote:
>
> > > # treeline
> > > Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Delete: tstate is still current
> > > Abort (core dumped)
>
> Whatever the problem is, it also seems to affect mod_python3 under
> apache2.  I tried to figure it out and got lost.  I'll be happy if
> someone can figure it out ...
>
> mcl

has anyone had the chance to take a stab at this one, or did i miss a
reply somewhere along the way?    :)

---------------------

well, i noticed that py23-qt was a couple of (very small) notches behind
the latest and greatest:

py23-qt-3.11_1              <  needs updating (port has 3.12)

a simple portupgrade of py23-qt made treeline happy.

i'm not sure whether this simply fixed another problem elsewhere on my
system (4.10) or whether the maintainer should consider py23-qt-3.12 a
dependency.

anyhow.  for anyone else running into this problem, this should fix
it.

yay for me.    ;)

epi