Squirrelmail and php4 ports shake-up?

Josh Tolbert hemi at puresimplicity.net
Mon Jul 26 14:06:13 PDT 2004

Hello,

After upgrading mod_php4 (using portupgrade) and installing
lang/ph4-extensions (after learning of the php4 ports shake-up in
/usr/ports/UPDATING), mail/squirrelmail now refuses to play nice with IMAP
over SSL. I haven't tried plain IMAP, cause I haven't built IMAP to allow
plain-text connections.

The errors I see from squirrelmail appear after entering a login and password
are:

Warning: fsockopen(): no SSL support in this build in
/usr/local/www/squirrelmail/functions/imap_general.php on line 445

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to localhost:993 in
/usr/local/www/squirrelmail/functions/imap_general.php on line 445

and I'm not able to check/read/send mail.

I've tried the "obvious" things: rebuilt squirrelmail, checked the php
requirements of squirrelmail, did a bit of searching, etc., but I can't find a
fix for this problem.

All the modules built by lang/php4-extensions are being loaded in
/usr/local/etc/php.ini, a phpinfo()
(<http://www.puresimplicity.net/~hemi/php/phpinfo.php>) shows information for
the features I had requested to be built by lang/php4-extensions, but
squirrelmail and the extensions don't play nice together.

Does anyone know how to fix this? It worked great before the php4 ports
shake-up. The only reason I upgraded was to take care of the potential
security vulnerability that portaudit listed for php; if I had known this was
going to happen I would have held off a bit.

Thanks,
Josh
--
Josh Tolbert
hemi at puresimplicity.net  ||  http://www.puresimplicity.net/~hemi/

If your sysadmin's not being fascist, you're paying him too much.
   --Sam Greenfield