[HEADS UP] PHP mega-commit

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Tue Jul 20 07:54:48 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 20 July 2004 16:34, Patrick Oonk wrote:
> Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> > On Tuesday 20 July 2004 16:05, Patrick Oonk wrote:
> >>Then I try a 'portinstall /usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions'.
> >>
> >># portinstall /usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions
> >>** No such installed package nor such port called
> >>'/usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions' is found.
> >
> > You need to rebuild your INDEX first.
>
> Ok, but why? It's the first time in 10 years I have to do this
> on a box :)

The INDEX distributed by cvsup has always lagged behind ports up to a week or
two - if that never bit in conjunction with portinstall, you have been
lucky :).

Since recently, it is not being automatically updated via cvsup anymore at all
(starting in May, IIRC). You can either build it with make index/portsdb -U
(directly after cvsup is a good time to do it), or fetch a pre-built INDEX
(which might lag behind the actual ports-tree as it used to before though)
with make fetchindex.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org