installing mod_php5 with mysql support and other stuff

Alex Dupre ale at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 19 15:23:53 PDT 2004

nico wrote:

> Sorry to mail you about that but I'm quite on nerves
> I made a portupgrade -a as usual and I saw that "no mysql support in
> php" O_o

You should read ports/UPDATING.

> I checked on freshport and saw on php5 page that there's a php5-mysql
> port, I installed it, still isn't working. Am I supposed to re-install
> mod_php5 ?

No, you should simply check that php.ini contains the correct
configuration to load shared extensions, in particular comment out the
extension_dir or set it to the correct location.

--
Alex Dupre