portupgrade feature question

Daniel nefar at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 17 12:24:03 PDT 2004

Akinori,

I'm wondering if your port tools have a way of seeing a dependancy tree?
I think this would be amost useful feature. For instance, I run my FreeBSD
server without X, however, many X packages get installed through packages
during initial quick install.
vim for instance, get's gtk etc. However, if I could see a dependancy tree,
I could easily find what programs have X dependancies, remove the packages,
and compile them by hand to get the no-X version.

If there is no such feature, then I dearly recommend it.

Daniel