ImageMagick-5.5.7.16

epilogue epilogue at allstream.net
Thu Jul 15 09:05:00 PDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 05:24:42 -0700
Kent Stewart <kstewart at owt.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 15 July 2004 04:16 am, Tom Butterworth wrote:
> > Thanks for the advice, I decided to go down the portupgrade route in
> > any event. However one of the ImageMagick-6.0.2.7 dependencies is
> > XFree86-libraries-4.2.0_1 and when it gets to this point in the
> > portupgrade it keeps coming back with the error
> >
> > make: don't know how to make includes. Stop
> > *** Error code 2
> >
> > any ideas of how to cure this would be much appreciated as i have hit
> > a brick wall
> >

> Could that be because the current version is now
> XFree86-libraries-4.3.0_7
>
> If it is trying to build 4.2, your INDEXs are probably out of date.
>
> Kent

yep.  tom, it sounds as though kent may be right here.  you should probably
cvsup a fresh ports tree, then 'portdb -Uu'.  (though you could probably
get away with just 'portdb -Uu', no sup)  in fact, if you're not
already doing it, you should be issuing 'portsdb-Uu' after every cvsup.
this will synch your INDEX with the ports you've just cvsup'd.

note:  recently, there has been a lot of talk about how 'portsdb -Uu' takes
so long to run and how everyone wished it could be done a little more
quickly. well, some kind individual has developed a program which does just
that (/usr/ports/sysutils/portindex).  it is still fairly new and you may
run into the odd kink as it continues to stabilitize, yet the program makes
synchronizing INDEX significantly faster (except, perhaps, on it's first
run, because it builds its database).

hope this helps,
epi