Triple VNC

Bruno Czekay bruno at domar.pl
Sun Jul 11 14:03:57 PDT 2004

Hi

I wanted to make some tests between (Real) VNC, TightVNC and TridiaVNC
servers (run on FreeBSD) against their clients, installed both on
FreeBSD and Windows. But every package installs itself as Xvnc,
vncserver, vncviever etc. Wouldn't it be more useful, if enhanced
versions installed themselves as Xvnc-tight and Xvnc-tridia?

I do understand, that not many people install all those packages, and
maybe they want to have just 'vncserver' on their systems, not
'vncserver-some-extra-crap'. In this case, Makefile for enhanced version
can test, if there exist "official" vnc binary - if not, enhanced
version is symlinked to it.

This would also require patching Xvnc (as this a perl script). If you
consider it useful, I can send appropriate patches.

Best regards

--
CPU hotplug is not for removing the processor from single-CPU x86 box.
Kiddie: "The new kernel supports CPU hotplug, here, watch... oh CRAP."

Maciej "Bruno" Kopias - Czekay (bruno at domar.pl)