Installing KDE from ports is impossible!

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Fri Jul 9 00:35:32 PDT 2004

On Friday 09 July 2004 01:06, Jason Oakley wrote:

> amor.cpp:294: error: 'class KWin' has no member named
> 'windowInfo'

> konq_popupmenu.cc:35:37: kparts/componentfactory.h: No
> such file or directory

It seems you have an outdated version of kdelibs installed (or not at all). I
strongly recommend to install the sysutils/portupgrade port and use
portupgrade to update your installed ports/packages to the current versions
in ports. Also read /usr/ports/UPDATING - almost every entry in there applies
to you when you started out with 5.2.1-Release and installed some of ports
included with it (which are very old now).

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org