HEADS UP: GSL update has broken dependent ports (was: porttools -- generate pkg-plist)

Matthias Andree ma at dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de
Tue Jul 6 15:10:47 PDT 2004

Jon Drews <jon.drews at gmail.com> writes:

>  The new GSL-1.5 tarball is available and I wanted to port it using the
> port-authoring-tools-1.0. Is there any information on how I can use it
> or the associated software, porttools, to generate a pkg-plist? I
> looked for  a man page on port-authoring-tools and porttools and found
> none. Google also did not turn up any docs.

OK, so I see this was committed without advance warning (i. e. HEADS-UP
mail here) and without fixing dependent ports - breaking bogofilter
because it cannot satisfy its dependencies any longer.

Please remember to notify the maintainers of dependent ports ahead of
time so they can tell whether the updated library will have to live on
in a separate port or whether dependency lines in their own ports must
be updated. The GSL update falls into the latter category.

GSL 1.4 has these dependent ports according to /usr/ports/INDEX:

audio/p5-Audio
audio/snd
cad/gmsh
french/gibi
french/homard
mail/bogofilter
mail/bogofilter-qdbm
mail/bogofilter-tdb
math/PDL
math/p5-Math-GSL
math/py-gsl
math/ruby-gsl
math/yacas

These will, unless already happened, need to be updated to require gsl.6.

The bogofilter fix is in PR ports/68741.

--
Matthias Andree

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)