question: maintaining patch separately from ports cvs

Stefan `Sec` Zehl sec at 42.org
Sat Jan 31 18:09:16 PST 2004

[Ooops, first message was broken - sorry]

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 09:56 +0100, Mohacsi Janos wrote:
> There no way to maintain a local only files with CVSUP mirroring?

Unfortunately there is no sane way.

> Like foo/bar/files/patch-local1 ? How can I save from being overwritten by
> the cvsup mirror?

I once submitted a patch to allow exactly that (ports/23287), but it was
rejected.

CU,
    Sec

P.S.: When I talked about this idea to a NetBSD maintainer, he liked the
      idea and committed this feature then next day :)
--
Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don't let anybody else use it,
and get a new one every six months.  --Clifford Stoll