security/nmap & gcc3.3?

Matthias Andree ma at dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Jan 29 06:00:28 PST 2004

Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier at fillmore-labs.com> writes:

>> [ Other ports I've tried which use g++33 link fine; this problem seems
>> specific to security/nmap... ]
>
> I try to look into this over the weekend, or do you have a patch?

One notable difference between gcc 2.95 and 3.3 is that gcc 3.3 does
proper namespaces and all the standard stuff is now in the "std" name
space, while it was not split out into its own namespace in gcc 2.95.

Spraying some "using namespace std;" over the code may fix this. (No, I
haven't tested that.)

--
Matthias Andree