NEED TESTERS: e2fsprogs port, new revision

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Jan 28 13:04:58 PST 2004

> Doesn't build for me on 4.9-STABLE with ports up to date from a couple of
> days ago:
>
> ===>  Configuring for e2fsprogs-1.34.w20031207.m02
> configure.in:646: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
> configure.in:647: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
> configure.in:648: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
> configure.in:649: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
> configure.in:658: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
> /usr/local/libexec/autoconf213/autoconf: cannot create configure: permission denied
>
> The distfile seems to unpack with many files read only by default (this
> is running as a normal user, not root).

Thanks for pointing that out with a way to reproduce.

Does adding these two lines to the Makefile fix the problem for you?
(Note: you need a TAB character on the RM line, not spaces!)

post-extract:
	${RM} -f ${WRKSRC}/configure

Removing that file is safe as we run autoconf213 to generate it.

> What benefits are there from using a snapshot rather than 1.34 release?

It actually works :-)

Seriously, the snapshot has FreeBSD support code that 1.34 didn't have,
for instance figuring out the device size on FreeBSD 5 or telling e2fsck
that it's ok if a slice's /dev/ node is a "character special".

HTH,

--
Matthias Andree