questions about OPTIONS

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Wed Jan 28 07:52:32 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 09:23, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> Joe Marcus Clarke schrieb:,
>
> > The USE_GNOME thing will work, but you may have to hack in the OpenSSL
> > dependency.  It would be nice if bsd.openssl.mk could be made to work
> > before and after bsd.port.pre.mk (e.g. maybe Dirk could add a
> > WANT_OPENSSL option like we do for GNOME).
>
> I fail to see how WANT_OPENSSL can help us here.

The idea with WANT_* was to allow a port to say that they can optionally
use a component, test to see if the component is found/desired, then
include it after bsd.port.pre.mk.  Right now, bsd.openssl.mk is included
only once in the PRE section.

> USE_OPENSSL=yes will include the makefile.
> when bsd.pre.mk is called without USE_OPENSSL,
> you can include it later without problems:
>
> .include "${PORTSDIR}/Mk/bsd.openssl.mk"

True, but this is messy.  It would be nice if this could all be done
within bsd.port.mk.

> I will gladly extend the support for OPTIONs.
> But I still experiment with my ports how this could work.

Thanks.

Joe