linux_base end of life?

Matthias Andree ma at dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Jan 28 06:20:21 PST 2004

Trevor Johnson <trevor at jpj.net> writes:

> Do you have suggestions for other Linux distributions that could go in the
> ports collection?  Ones that support both Alpha and i386, are RPM-based,
> have some popularity and can be downloaded would be ideal IMO.

Debian. Debian-stable however is virtually unusable, but most of the
applications they have are also in ports, so it doesn't hurt because we
can run them natively. Debian isn't RPM based, but it's about the only
one I know that has the same version for Alpha and i386 and has timely
security updates.

--
Matthias Andree