ImageMagick Checksum Mismatch.

Edward Epstein peepstein at canada.com
Mon Jan 26 23:42:06 PST 2004

I'm trying to upgrade graphics/ImageMagick, but it seems that there is a
checksum mismatch with the ImageMagick-5.5.7-15.tar.bz2 file.

Can someone please let me know if there is a legitimate reason for this?

Here is what I assume to be the pertinent information:

Timestamp from ImageMagick Makefile:
$FreeBSD: ports/graphics/ImageMagick/Makefile,v 1.176 2004/01/21 06:57:29 nork
Exp $

md5 checksum from ImageMagick distinfo file:
MD5 (ImageMagick-5.5.7-15.tar.bz2) = 80144cc67bb9888b26f9704362269487

md5 checksum from ImageMagick source file downloaded from
ftp.imagemagick.org/pub/ImageMagick:
MD5 (ImageMagick-5.5.7-15.tar.bz2) = 6780f81dee32f1e8d2f277b6fe621955

I've re-downloaded the file multiple times from the site, just in case there
was a problem with the download. Also, I've pulled the same file from some
mirrors and noticed that the checksums from the mirrors match the checksum
from the official imagemagick.org ftp site, not the checksum in the distinfo
file (which makes sense if the mirrors pull the file automagically from the
main site).

Also, to magick-developers@, I am not subscribed so please make sure to CC me
if you reply to this message.

Regards,
Ed

--

"There are people who cheat on their spouse but not at cards, and vice versa,
and both and neither. Reputation is not necessarily portable from one

"It has been said that man is a rational animal.  All my life I have
been searching for evidence which could support this."
--Bertrand Russell.

"The American empire is ideological, not territorial. We are the most
ideological people in the world, and we are so united in our view that we
don't understand there can be other views."
--Lt. Gen. William Odom, ret. (Former Director of NSA).