Port: www/mod_musicindex

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Mon Jan 26 09:15:22 PST 2004

> Dave Breiland <superdave at dynamicis.com> wrote:

> > but I was wondering what the
> > timeline is for updating the port from 0.9.0_2 to 0.9.2.
> > [...]
> > I know I'll likely get flamed for this

I hope it didn't happen, but some of us ports guys are stretched
a little thin, because, as Clement Laforet wrote:

> mod_musicindex is currently unmaintained. Feel free to update it and
> then, send a PR. You can take maintainership too.
> Please refer too Porter's Handbook and /usr/ports/Mk/* for more help.

As are, as of this writing, 2658 others out of the 10285 ports :-)

So, you don't have to be a committer to help out FreeBSD here --
the need for people to adopt ports (and _really_ adopt them, not
just in name) is huge.  Even if you don't want to do that, please do
submit PRs; although there is still a backlog, substantial progress
has been made in the last few months.

It's also worth noting that, traditionally, the road to becoming
a ports committer lies through the PR database :-)

mcl