Please test: mplayer 1.0pre3

clayton rollins crollins666 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 24 23:41:36 PST 2004

On 24, Jan. 2004 "Thomas E. Zander" <riggs at rrr.de>
     (RiggiServ - Ihr Partner für alles Delikate) wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>if you can find some time in the next days, please test this update to
>the mplayer port:
>
>http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uedc/mplayer/0993.tar.bz2
>
>There have been many changes from 0.92 to 1.0pre, so any information
>about if it's good, bad, lacking features, patches.... are highly
>appreciated before it is put into the ports tree.
>
>Regards,
>Riggs

Hi,

Default build seems fine from here, using 4.9 RC1. (Though I already
had all the dependencies.)

Building WITH_GTK2, however, introduces errors, as parts of the patch
declare variables within the code. (A no-no for gcc 2.95.x.)

I tried to produce a fixed patch-file, but couldn't really figure out why
all the diffs I made were very differnt from the original. (I'm a bit of a
newbie, and maybe not used to makefiles, etc., enough to get how to
make the patch.)

A fix for the code, however, is at: http://216.19.22.118/syntax.fix.udiff
(My ISP has been flakey lately, so retry if you don't get it the first
time.)

Thanks for your work on keeping this port up-to-date.

Regards,
Clayton Rollins