Request for FMOD port

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Sat Jan 24 15:47:17 PST 2004

Hi,

> It would be nice to have a port of the FMOD sound library.
> There is no version for FreeBSD, so I want to request the port.

According to http://www.fmod.org, this is a commercial library. Although
there are (binary) trail versions for non-commercial projects, it would not make
a lot sense to create a port for it (unless your request was alluded to
the i386 Linux version of the library).

If you want to have a native FreeBSD version of the library, the best is
IMO to ask the fmod developers (or ask them, whether they will give you
the source under a non-disclosure condition, so that you can do the port
for them).

Simon