net/tclDP

mi+mx at aldan.algebra.com mi+mx at aldan.algebra.com
Wed Jan 21 08:13:35 PST 2004

Hello!

In 1996 Paul Traina (pst) removed the net/tclDP port. I remember good
things about the package from circa 1994-95 and am willing to port it
to Tcl-8.4 -- the project has a SourceForge page since last February,
although it did not have new releases since 1997.

Do you think, it is worth the while, or is all/most of the functionality
now in the core Tcl?

Unfortunately, I can't get Paul's log entry for the port, and the
net/Makefile's log says only:

	revision 1.79
	date: 1996/10/08 15:06:52;  author: pst;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -2
	remove tclDP

So I don't know Paul's motivation (and am unsure, his address still
works -- finger says: "no such user").

Thanks. Yours,

	-mi