MANUAL_FETCH

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Wed Jan 14 16:57:37 PST 2004

Brooks Davis wrote:
> It would be nice if there were an option within this to specify a local
> source for manually fetched distfiles so that you could fetch the file
> once for several machines and have it usable in an automated way.  I'm
> thinking of something like:
>
> MASTER_SITE_MANUAL

Are you sure that this will not raise any legal issues? Sometimes, the
conditions you have to accept for software, that needs to be manually
fetched, are rather restrictive.

Of course, in practice, nobody will go through the fetch procedure N
times for her/his N machines, but I am not sure about the legal
consequences if such a feature were built into FreeBSD's ports collection.

Simon