HEADS UP: Changes to bsd.gnome.mk

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jan 14 02:33:31 PST 2004

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 05:45:35PM -0500, Adam Weinberger wrote:
> >> (01.13.2004 @ 1245 PST): Joe Marcus Clarke said, in 2.2K: <<
> > In the spirit of full disclosure, and as a service to porters, here is a
> > list of what's new in bsd.gnome.mk.
> >
> >> end of "HEADS UP: Changes to bsd.gnome.mk" from Joe Marcus Clarke <<
>
> This seems like a great opportunity to utilise a /usr/ports/UPDATING or
> something similar. Wasn't somebody going to set that up? It'd be nice
> for everybody to have access to this, even if they cannot get to the
> list archives or miss this letter entirely.

That would be me. I put up an initial version at:
http://people.freebsd.org/~erwin/CHANGES

There is an issues with how to assign copyright and maintainership
(Foundation and portmgr resp. or other?) which I have put in portmgr
hands. I intend to use this document for commincation between developers
(committers, maintainer and submitters alike) and add a section to the
release notes on the website to inform users of major changes.

-erwin

--
Erwin Lansing      (,-.`._,'(       |\`-/|    erwin at lansing.dk
http://droso.org       `-.-' \ )-`( , o o)    erwin at FreeBSD.org