portsdb -Uu runs clean - good job

Richard Coleman richardcoleman at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 11 13:54:53 PST 2004

After cvsup'ing the ports tree, I always do the command "portsdb -Uu" to
synchronize the files INDEX and INDEX.db.  Usually there are a few
complaints and warnings about various ports with broken dependencies,
etc.  It's usually just a few, so it's not a big deal.

Today, when I ran this command, it ran COMPLETELY free of complaints and
warnings.  This is the first time I've seen this.  The ports tree has
really improved in cleanliness over the last few months.  I commend
everyone has has worked on this.  With over 10,000 ports, that's very
impressive.

Of course, now that I've said this, a new commit will come in and upset
the balance :-)

Richard Coleman
richardcoleman at mindspring.com