Maintainer timeout (was: Re: textproc/p5-XML-LibXML broken, why?)

Adam C. Migus adam at migus.org
Fri Jan 9 17:42:12 PST 2004

On Friday 09 January 2004 8:14 pm, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 20:11, Clement Laforet wrote:
> > On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 11:43:51 +1100
> >
> > Edwin Groothuis <edwin at mavetju.org> wrote:
> > >     If the maintainer of a port does not respond to an update
> > > request from a user after two weeks (excluding major public
> > > holidays),
> >
> > I would just add a foot note ;)
> > Unless it's a security or a critical fix, please contact maintainer
> > first. If you don't received an answer within a reasonable timeout
> > (3 days to 1 week), feel free to fill a PR.
>
> This includes emails as well as PRs.  Of course, it's best to
> formalize requests as PRs.
>
> With regard to p5-XML-LibXML, I had contacted the maintainer (skv@)
> on September 4, 2003 about this port as it was breaking during the
> 4.9-RELEASE build.  That is sufficiently long to constitute an AWOL
> maintainer.  If someone has a patch, and would like to maintain this
> port, they are welcome to do so.
>
> Joe
>
> > clem

I have been asked to accept maintainership of another set of ports;
specifically the www/p5-AxKit-* ports by their current maintainer after
I submitted patches to him privately.  Since these ports rely on this
one I will accept maintainership of it if no one else wishes to do so.
Please let me know.

--
Adam C. Migus - http://people.migus.org/~amigus/