Call for feedback on a Ports-collection change

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Thu Jan 8 18:15:59 PST 2004

At 7:01 PM -0700 1/8/04, Brad Davis wrote:
>Why not start small and move the distinfo file into the
>Makefile? (This follows the path the pkg-comment went)
>This would be fairly easy to implement IMHO and not quite
>as radical as the change your suggesting.

I'm afraid that makes it TOO small a project!  :-)

Besides, it won't scale up to all the other files I'd like
to collapse into "somewhere".  Initially I did consider
collapsing files into the Makefile, but decided that would
get too messy.  So while I did like the idea of collapsing
everything for any single port into a single file, I moved
away from that idea.

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu