FreeBSD Port: bacula-1.32f

Matty Moose moose at mmoose.net
Thu Jan 8 14:31:25 PST 2004

Hi there!

I was just trying out the latest version of bacula (1.32f), installing
from ports, freshly cvsup'd, and I encountered the error pasted below.

Trivial, I know. I just mkdir /var/db/bacula , and everything worked
fine. I've included the make options and some output from the make for
you to look at, in case you really need to look at it. :)

===>  Installing for bacula-1.32f
Added group "bacula".
Added user "bacula".
chown: /var/db/bacula: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/bacula.

This is the make options I used:
# make install WITH_MYSQL=yes

Output from Make:

  Host:                       i386-portbld-freebsd4.9 -- freebsd 4.9-RELEASE
  Bacula version:             1.32f (31 Dec 2003)
  Source code location:       .
  Install binaries:           /usr/local/sbin
  Install config files:       /usr/local/etc
  Scripts directory:          /usr/local/etc
  Working directory:          /var/db/bacula
  PID directory:              /var/run
  Subsys directory:           /var/run/subsys
  C Compiler:                 cc 2.95.4
  C++ Compiler:               c++ 2.95.4
  Compiler flags:              -O2 -pipe -funroll-loops
-march=pentiumpro -D_THREAD_SAFE
  Linker flags:                -L/usr/local/lib -pthread
  Libraries:                  -D_THREAD_SAFE  -lwrap -lxpg4
  Statically Linked Tools:    no
  Statically Linked FD:       no
  Statically Linked SD:       no
  Statically Linked DIR:      no
  Statically Linked CONS:     no
  Database type:              MySQL
  Database lib:               -L/usr/local/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lz

  Job Output Email:           root at localhost
  Traceback Email:            root at localhost
  SMTP Host Address:          localhost

  Director Port:              9101
  File daemon Port:           9102
  Storage daemon Port:        9103

  Director User:            bacula
  Director Group:           bacula
  Storage Daemon User:      bacula
  Storage DaemonGroup:      operator
  File Daemon User:         root
  File Daemon Group:        wheel

  SQL binaries Directory      /usr/local/bin

  Large file support:         yes
  readline support:           yes
  TCP Wrappers support:       yes
  ZLIB support:               yes