Handling removal of dir in /var.

Lewis Thompson purple at lewiz.net
Wed Jan 7 03:58:34 PST 2004

Hi,

Just a quick question.  I want to remove a dir in /var (/var/lirc) from
my pkg-plist but I'm not sure how to go this way.

  Is this even the right thing to do?  I'm trying to create some patches
for comms/lirc that make it usable and right now it tries to put stuff
in /dev, which just causes problems.

  I figured /var/lirc was as good a place as any to put sockets.  Can
anybody confirm that this is indeed a good way to go, or, suggest a
suitable alternative?

  Thanks very much,

-lewiz.

--
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:purple at lewiz.net | jabber:lewiz at jabber.org | url:www.lewiz.org |-