Please reserve UID/GID for bacula port

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jan 7 01:06:53 PST 2004

+-Le 07/01/2004 09:46 +0100, Lars Köller écrivait :

|> On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Lars Köller wrote:
|>
|>> 910 is chosen cause bacula uses the TCP ports 9101, 9102 and 9103
|>> (IANA registered). Perhaps they could be included into /etc/system:
|>
|> Since every line we add to /etc/services adds expense to the various
|> getportby*() functions, we only add new lines when it can be
|> demonstrated that it would benefit a large percentage of our userbase.
|> How many people do you think use this bacula port?
|
| Sorry, but I can't give you a number. But I think there is no
| "large percentage of our userbase" using it. Even some active FreeBSD
| user are on the bacula mailing list.
|
| It's nice to have the ports in /etc/services when using tolls like
| lsof.

Maybe a simple pkg-{,de}install like this :

pkg-install :
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin

case "$2" in
"POST-INSTALL")
        echo "# Bacula port start
bacula-dir      9101/tcp   #Bacula director daemon
bacula-fd       9102/tcp   #Bacula file daemon
bacula-sd       9103/tcp   #Bacula storage daemon
# Bacule port end" >> /etc/services

pkg-deinstall :
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
TMPFILE=/tmp/services-$RANDOM-$$

case "$2" in
"DEINSTALL")
        sed -e '/# Bacula port start/,/# Bacule port end/{' \
            -e 'd' \
            -e '}' /etc/services > $TMPFILE
        mv -f $TMPFILE /etc/services
        ;;