help from a ports committer needed

Harti Brandt brandt at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Mon Jan 5 06:06:56 PST 2004

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, Pete Fritchman wrote:

PF>* Fri, 02 Jan 2004 16:33:10 +0100 - Harti Brandt:
PF>| I have attached what, I think, constitutes a minimal port infrastructure.
PF>| Unfortunately the port makefile fails, while the package builds just fine
PF>| standalone (just do a configure; make). This seems due to the arguments
PF>| which are passed to the configure script. Perhaps something is missing in
PF>| the Makefile.
PF>
PF>Ok.  You'll need a distinfo, too, which you can generate with "make makesum".
PF>
PF>I think these modifications would be good (helps the port pass portlint
PF>and configure),
PF>
PF>http://people.freebsd.org/~petef/atmsupport.diff
PF>
PF>However, I still can't compile this on a 4.x machine:
PF>
PF>cc1: Invalid option `-Wsystem-headers'
PF>cc1: unknown C standard `c99'
PF>ats_exp.c:41: syntax error before `expr'
PF>cc1: warnings being treated as errors
PF>[...] (full log on request)

Well, it cannot compile on 4.x because the ATM stuff it tests is only
in Current. Is there a way to stop this from beeing compiled on 4.x?

Is sysutils the correct category for this? There seems to be no
category for tests. How do I add this port (when the freeze lifts)?

Thanks for your help,
harti
--
harti brandt,