linux_mesa3 doesn't compile

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sun Jan 4 11:44:26 PST 2004

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 19:03:30 +0000, Nuno Teixeira <nunotex at freeshell.org>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks very much for your quick answer. It works.
>
> I'm trying to run bzflag game rpm to experiment linux emulation. I'm
> having problems with libstdc++.so.5 not found.

I don't think the emulators/linux_base (version 7) has it, because I
couldn't find any in my two systems. The emulators/linux_base-8 probably
has it, but I can't promise you because I don't have it install.

The real question is that why don't you use a native one instead? It's in
games/bzflag ..

> How you install linux tuxracer? I thinking compiling it chrooted to
> /compat/linux ? Is that possible?

You can install it by go to games/tuxracer, it works fine. Also, I even
have the demo and full version (commerical one, binaries only) that work
fine. I just need to install linux_base, linux_mesa3 and linux-esound then
run installer and play tuxracer.

Cheers,
Mezz

--