Lost maintainers

Thomas-Martin Seck tmseck-lists at netcologne.de
Fri Jan 2 15:14:21 PST 2004

* Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at leidinger.net> [gmane.os.freebsd.devel.ports]:

> tmseck-lists at netcologne.de (Thomas-Martin Seck) wrote:

>> Well, I think it has never been a problem to find a committer to do some
>> intermediate updates when the maintainer does not submit them
>> himself. The problem with www/squid is that the maintainer has a commit
>> bit and I had the feeling that committers are a bit reluctant to mess
>> with their "colleague"'s work when I tried to get my squid updates
>
> Yes, but when you look at the commit log of www/squid/Makefile it's
> obvious that Adrian doesn't seem to have enough time. So I think it's ok
> to give the port to someone else. I'm sure he will speak up in case he
> notices that someone does harmful things to the port.

Ok, let's hope the best.

>> committed during the last year. And I am a bit formal because of
>> Adrian's commit bit.
>
> Better safe than sorry.

Yes.

> What about www/squid24? Any chance to convince you to take it too?

I'd like to retire it. Squid 2.4 is no longer officially supported by
the squid development team (look for Henrik Nordström's postings on the
squid mailinglists about 2.4 problems). I'll check with the respective
maintainers but I think that all squid24 consumers in the tree will
work with squid 2.5 just as well.

I consider doing a squid-3 port once it gets ready for production use. I
will check this with the squid team beforehand.

>> > Which email address do you want to use (current maintainer CCed)?
>>
>> It would be <tmseck at netcologne.de>.
>
> As Edwin already asked portmgr I let handle him the issue.

Ok, it's for the archives then.