ports/63427: [lang/gcc33] Disabling the Java frontend at compile time

Etienne Robillard erob at videotron.ca
Sat Feb 28 08:11:36 PST 2004

Le 27 Février 2004 06:10, vous avez écrit :
> Synopsis: Disabling the Java frontend at compile time
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
> State-Changed-By: gerald
> State-Changed-When: Fri Feb 27 03:02:01 PST 2004
> State-Changed-Why:
> In principle, I am in favor of such a patch, if
> - it works in both cases (which it currently does not),
> - the default is not changed (that is, java is built by default),
> - and you do not disable further languages like f77 (which you currently
> do).

> To see the problems with the current patch, please run the tests described
> in
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/porting-t
>esting.html
>
> I am looking forward to an updated patch.

 Hi,

I got the following option (updated) which disallow building java code in the
compiler :)

.if defined(WITHOUT_JAVA)
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--enable-languages=c,c++,f77,objc
.endif

But in order to not break package building (make package), it need a way to
specify to not include (uninstalled) java files while doing the packing list.
I tried something like :

post-install:
.if defined(WITHOUT_JAVA)
.for j in ${JAVA_BINARIES} gcj  ...
	(${ECHO_CMD}  "@ignore_inst bin/${j}${SUFFIX}") >> ${TMPPLIST}
.endfor
.endif

But that doesn't work with the current building process..
Any clue on how to remove files from the plist ?

Other possibilities to fix the plist may be to use a small perl script. Thus,
the script could be triggered like this:
EXTRA_PATCHES=${FILESDIR}/nojava_plist.pl

Beside that, the port is building, installing, and deinstalling without
apparent problems.

Thnx,

Etienne