net/dcgui locks machine hard - libpthread related

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at apropo.ro
Fri Feb 27 03:23:59 PST 2004

Hi,

When I mean lock I mean really lock, e.g. no ping, no keyboard, nothing.

For me this is fully reproducible:
- if I close about 10 downloads (on a 1 per second rate) and I then
close dcgui
- if it runs about 4 hours (in which case eventually machine reboots)

Other users reports on vendor forum about hard locking on startup (also
on -Current).

This is happening since kse switch.

Before that on -CURRENT is used to lock X (KDE) on startup if compiled with
Makefile's
post-patch:
        @${REINPLACE_CMD} -e 's/-O2//g; s/-lpthread/${PTHREAD_LIBS}/g'
e.g. with the s/-lpthread .. so one would have to switch to console to
kill it.

I've also tried the new 0.2.21, in fact I have a full PR waiting to be
submitted for the upgrade of both dclib and dcgui, but it doesn't seems
to make sense until this is fixed and I'm not able to do that.

Maybe someone aware of libpthread / qt integration could take a look ?

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD user