Replace to mntent.h

Markus Brueffer markus at brueffer.de
Thu Feb 26 09:48:55 PST 2004

On Thursday 26 February 2004 18:23, Tilman Linneweh wrote:
> * Markus Brueffer [Do, 26 Feb 2004 at 18:12 GMT]:
> >> I need som e help to port, and its needs
> >>
> >> mntemt.h
> >>
> >> these functions
> >>
> >> getmntent
> >> setmntent
> >> endmntent
> >>
> >> I have looked for it at fam/port
> >>
> >> and I saw a mntent.h (but can build the project),
> >> a mntent(compat with freebsd) the same above.
> >
> > Yes, these are additional files to provide the above mentioned
> > functions,=20 since they are not available on FreeBSD out of the box.
> >
> >> Anyone where can I find a substitute way to get this functions?
> >
> > You can just reuse these two files. I'm doing it myself in
> > sysutils/filelig= ht=20
> > and it works without a glitch. Just add them to the files-directory and
> > cop= y=20
> > them to the desired location in the post-patch target. Don't forget to=20
> > connect them to the build of your program (see the patches of filelight
> > for= =20
> > an easy way to do so, without adding too many additional patches).
> >
> > If you have any further problems with it, please provide some more
> > informat= ion=20
> > about what doesn't work in detail. :)
>
> Btw, would it make it sense to put these into a shared library?
> Copying these files into more and more ports looks bad.

There are currently 4 ports making use of them:

devel/fam
editors/manedit
sysutils/filelight
sysutils/linneighborhood

I doubt, this would justify the effort of creating a shared library and modify
the ports accordingly. Opinions?

Markus

--
Markus Brueffer    | GPG-Key: http://people.FreeBSD.org/~markus/markus.asc