postgresql installation DON`T WORK(need gettext)

Michael Clark MClark at Nemschoff.com
Thu Feb 26 09:42:35 PST 2004

Simply creating a symlink from libintl.so.6 to libintl.so.5 will probably
correct his problem.
Its probably not the correct way to deal with this, but it should work.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scot W. Hetzel [mailto:hetzelsw at westbend.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 11:33 AM
To: funtik; ports at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: postgresql installation DON`T WORK(need gettext)

From: "funtik" <funt at alarit.com>
> I has gettext-0.12 and installed postgresql
> Today I am updade ports and try install postgresql dtatbase.(Postgresql
ports
> Makefile have date : 2004/02/05)
> It need gettext-0.13.
> I am reinstall gettext and try install postgresql again:
>
> ===>  Building for postgresql-7.4.1_1
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libintl.so.5" not found
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/databases/postgresql7

What does a 'make -V LIB_DEPENDS say, on my FreeBSD-4.x system it shows:

# make -V LIB_DEPENDS
gnugetopt.1:/usr/ports/devel/libgnugetopt intl.6:/usr/ports/devel/gettext

NOTE: on FreeBSD-5.x it only shows a dependancy on the gettext port.

If you don't get the above, then your /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk is out of
date. Make sure you are cvsuping the entire ports collection.

----

I did have a problem building postgresql7 when I set PREFIX to an alternate
location:

    cd /usr/ports/databases/postgresql7
    make build PREFIX=/usr/local2

Since I didn't have either of the libgnugetopt or gettext ports installed,
the PREFIX setting was passed down to these ports and they were installed
into /usr/local2.  This caused the configure stage for postgresql7 to fail,
as it wasn't able to find the libgnugetopt library in /usr/local/lib.  I was
able to solve that problem by setting LOCALBASE to /usr/local2 also.

Otherwise the postgresql7 port built without any problems.

Scot

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This electronic transmission, including all
attachments, is directed in confidence solely to the person(s) to whom it is
addressed, or an authorized recipient, and may not otherwise be distributed,
copied or disclosed. The contents of the transmission may also be subject to
intellectual property rights and all such rights are expressly claimed and
are not waived. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return electronic transmission and then
immediately delete this transmission, including all attachments, without
copying, distributing or disclosing same.