The official release of the FreeBSD ports monitoring system

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Mon Feb 23 10:20:44 PST 2004

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Liu Kang wrote:

> It is said in your ports monitoring system:
> "The fastest, and easiest, information is gleaned from a GNATS entry whose
> subject
> line contains the port category and port name, separated by a slash."
>
> I think use port name(or CVSROOT-ports/modules in freebsd cvs repo) to identify
> PR(s) might be better.

It would definitely be better -- but it would require further local
changes to the FreeBSD web infrastructure, and the version of send-pr
that we distribute in the base of every system.  While patches are
welcome, please note that it would also be a long time before every
old version of send-pr, that does not have these features, would be
retired, and thus this classification algorithm would be required
in the mean-time.

mcl