[kde-freebsd] audio/arts can't find libXext (Was: x11-toolkits/qt32: Won't build under -current: Threading Library problem)

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Sat Feb 21 19:18:07 PST 2004

On Sunday 22 February 2004 02:15, Andrew Boothman wrote:

> This problem has been raised on kde@ before but the only solution
> mentioned was to reinstall XFree86-libraries. Now that's not an option
> for me because I need the upcoming XFree86 4.4.0 in order to use my ATI
> Radeon 9600 Pro - I'm currently running the RC3 of that release.

You are aware of the fact that supporting such customized, very-much-non-ports
installations is not too easy for us, right?

> libXext is present in /usr/X11R6/lib however - and ldconfig -r lists the
> library.

We still haven't really coped with that problem, since it simply refuses to
happen to any of us kde folks.

> arts' config.log doesn't appear to contain relevent information - here
> is the last section in it:

It probably does, you just posted the irrelevant part. That's why it's better
to simply attach the whole config.log.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org