Openoffice 1.1 not building

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Fri Feb 20 20:54:17 PST 2004

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 03:39:54PM +1100, Gautam Gopalakrishnan wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 19:53:40 -0800
> Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:
> >
> > That's completely wrong, USE_GCC is not to be set by the user.
> >
> > Unfortunately for your problem, I think the Openffice maintainers are
> > inactive at the moment (at least, I haven't heard from them in several
> > weeks about an unrelated problem with the ports).
>
> Well, bento seems to build openoffice fine (at least it's not reported
> as a broken build)
> http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-5-failure.html

Nope, it doesn't build on bento because dependencies (jdk) currently
do not build.  The last time I was able to attempt it (sometime last
year) the OO build itself was broken.

> I have some free time. How do I get a tarball of the openoffice port for
> versions 1.1.0_1 and 1.1.0_2. I went to cvsweb.freebsd.org, but can't
> find options to download tarballs by port versions. Or have I got my
> concepts wrong?

CVS works by dates and file revision numbers, not port revisions.  I
don't know if cvsweb can do what you want..most people use CVS if they
want that level of control.

Kris