Tomcat 4.1.29 - Start then shuts down

Conrad Burger conrad.burger at swistgroup.com
Thu Feb 19 00:15:04 PST 2004

Click here to view our e-mail legal notice:
http://www.swistgroup.com/email.htm or call: +27 21 888 7920

Hi all

I have a FreeBSD 4.9 system with Tomcat4.1.29 install.

When the system boots, it shows that tomcat is started.
But when I do a sockstat or ps I can find the java processes.
After reading the tomcat log files, it looks as if tomcat starts up and 3-5
seconds later shuts down again.
When I manually start tomcat it works with out any further problems.

Has any one ever seen this behaviour ?

I googled for 2 days, but couldn't find anything useful.

Regards

Conrad Burger
Support Engineer
TEBiVO Business Continuity
Cell: +27 82 442 8760
Conrad[at]tebivo.com
Tel: +27 21 888 7956 Fax: +27 21 888 7979
Click here to view our e-mail legal notice:
http://www.tebivo.com/email.htm or call: +27 21 888 7920