www/flashpluginwrapper

Adam Weinberger adamw at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 18 06:52:58 PST 2004

>> (02.18.2004 @ 0535 PST): Michael Nottebrock said, in 0.9K: <<
> On Wednesday 18 February 2004 07:27, Adam Weinberger wrote:
> > As flashpluginwrapper works, there is no harm in allowing it to
> > remain in the tree until such time as -STABLE actually support
> > linuxpluginwrapper.
>
> You mean until a 4.10-RELEASE does?
>
>> end of "Re: www/flashpluginwrapper" from Michael Nottebrock <<

I was unaware that the patches mentioned in linuxpluginwrapper/Makefile
had been applied to -STABLE a week ago.

A number of people pointed me in the right direction, and now my
browsers happily freeze every time I load a PDF document, and flash
movies play great for about 15 seconds before they freeze too. I was
able to break linuxpluginwrapper entirely by defining
LINUXTHREADS_WRAP_API, support for which is directly indicated in
linuxpluginwrapper/Makefile, so I imagine that there's some linuxthreads
issues on -STABLE that need to be resolved. If I can't watch Strongbad's
new email soon, I'm going to have to go back to flashpluginwrapper.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adam at vectors.cx // adamw at FreeBSD.org // adamw at magnesium.net