ghostscript-afpl vs ghostscript-gnu

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Sun Feb 15 05:07:30 PST 2004

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 10:54:26PM -0500, Paul Murphy wrote:
>  I am trying to install print/cups-pstoraster and came across this
> difficulty:
>
> RUN_DEPENDS=
> ${LOCALBASE}/share/ghostscript/${PORTVERSION}/lib/gs_init.ps:${PORTSDIR
> }/print/ghostscript-gnu
>
>  I already have print/ghostscript-afpl installed which CONFLICTS with
> print/ghostscript-gnu. I worked around the problem with a soft-link in
> /usr/local/share/ghostscript (ln -s 8.13 7.07).
>
>  Can print/cups-pstoraster be made to test which version of ghostscript
> is installed (if any), perhaps by replacing ${PORTVERSION} with '*'?

There is an even better solution to this (you are not the first person
to run into this problem.)
Replace the above dependency line with "USE_GHOSTSCRIPT_RUN=yes", and
then set WITH_GHOSTSCRIPT_AFPL=yes to use ghostscript-afpl instead of
ghostscript-gnu (the default.)
See the print/transfig port for an example on how to do this.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson
ertr1013 at student.uu.se