REINPLACE vs. perl -i; and why ports are too complex for their own good

Doug Barton DougB at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 13 17:20:25 PST 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Michael Nottebrock wrote:

> On Thursday 12 February 2004 21:41, Doug Barton wrote:
> > Now, years later, we are STILL arguing about this topic,
>
> And the argument has become even more ridiculous. Please, no bikeshedding over
> this one again, _please_.

It wasn't my intention to re-open the argument. Simply to use this as an
example to illustrate my point.

> I find the whole "oh my god, ports don't do stuff on
> $ancient_version_of_freebsd" whine to be totally pointless.

And I find the fact that you chose to interpret the issue this way to be
very disturbing, but I promised not to re-open the argument. :(

Doug